Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Opening 24 XY Base Set Blister Packs

Hi all!

The Amateur Collector here with another exciting opening of Pokémon TCG  merchandise. And I'm very excited for this one. I'm opening up an entire box of blister packs! Specifically, 24 blister packs for the XY Base Set.

I bought the box from iguk.co.uk for £43.59. It was originally £46.59 (already half the retail price) and I got a further £3 reduction which IGUK were kind enough to give to me due to a previous failed order.

Naturally due to the large amount of blister packs I opened I have LOADS of pictures to share with you guys, and had to break the opening into four separate videos, all of which you can watch here:
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4

And here comes the swag!
Rares, reverse-holo rares, holos and ultra rares, there is a lot to show off!




These are all the rares I got. As you can tell I got a few repeats, but that's to be expected from an entire box of packs! I didn't actually have most of these though, so overall I'm happy with these ones.

I got 6 reverse-holo rares. Although I don't focus on completing reverse-holo sets, I'm always happy to get rares none the less!

Only four holographic cards sadly, but they are good ones! I'm especially fond of the Vivillon! I'm eager to get the alternate pattern Vivillon.

I got 4 ultra rare cards in this box. One of them, this Venusaur EX, was a double! Indeed I already pulled this guy not long ago.
(excuse the poor quality, just check the other picture in my other opening in the link above, it's the same type of card)

Here's an ultra I was happy to pull, Emolga-EX! Yes I know it is not worth much, but I love the rodent! One of my favourite electric types in the video game.

I got this wonderful card. This Yveltal-EX will compliment my Xerneas-EX nicely.

And last but not least...
Mega Blastoise-EX! With this card, I have both the Mega cards from this set. I'm very happy.

So although I got a few doubles in this box, I ended up getting many cards that I needed for my collection, putting me quite a few steps closer to completing this set. 
I was shocked to get so few holographic cards, even though I know the ratio for holos is low in XY, I didn't think I'd end up with only four - the EXACT same amount of ultra rares that I got. Which begs the question; what are their actual collectable value?

Either way, I'm very happy with what I got and look forward to opening up a whole booster box for this set! I wonder when that'll be? Stay tuned to find out =D

No comments:

Post a Comment