Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Pokémon TCG Opening Adventures 2: Thundurus-EX - 2013 Fall Tin

Hi all!
I'm the Amateur Collector and welcome to my second PTCGOpA S02 episode! (That is as long to type as it is to say!)

Today I open up a Thundurs-EX Fall 2013 tin! It's a great tin filled with 4 Team Plasma related booster packs (one Plasma Blast, one Plasma Freeze and two Plasma Blast packs).
I got it in store at Forbidden Planet for £12.99 (around a little over $19 USD).

This was a great tin that provided me with many cards that I did not have before! Click here if you want to see the video of the opening, otherwise keep scrolling down to see what I pulled.

First off:
Thundurus-EX BW81 Black Star Promo. This Thundurus is in its Therian Form.

As rares I got an Azelf from Plasma Blast, a Keckleon from Plasma Freeze, a reverse-holo Porygon-Z from Plasma Blast and a reverse-holo Beheeyem from Plasma Blast.

Infernape holo!! I know the tinsel holographic pattern isn't peoples' favourite pattern, but it works quite well on this guy.

And finally, the cherry (or egg as it were) on the cake:

A secret rare Exeggcute from Plasma Blast!!!
If I was going to get any of the secret rare cards from any Plasma series booster pack, it would be this one.
I just love how they randomly decided to make Exeggcute a shiny secret rare.

So overall I'm very happy with this opening. I basically got 6 rare cards out of four booster packs (2 rares, 2 rare reverse-holos, 1 holo and a secret rare! Wooo!). 

Lets hope this trend keeps up!
Thanks for watching/reading and see you in the next adventure =)

No comments:

Post a Comment