Friday, January 30, 2015

Pokémon TCG Opening Adventures 2: Yveltal Collection Box

Hi all!

The Amateur Collector here.

Today I unbox the Yveltal Collection Box.
When I first heard of the Xerneas and Yveltal Collections boxes I was very excited. I loved the idea of getting my hands on some boxes that had both a Black Star promo and a collectable figurine in them. So imagine my surprise/disappointment when I found out that the merchandise released in the UK and the US was not going to be the same. Nope, according to EU regulations the figurines would not have been appropriate for children and so could not be sold here, too many sharp bits you see. Instead we get an alternate Yveltal/Xerneas Collection Box. One that is, in my opinion, not as cool. It comes with only 3 booster packs instead of 4, and worst yet, the figure is replaced with a Jumbo card of the exact same promo card that is available in the box.
It's very disappointing, but oh well. At least I get the promo card... that is the main reason I get these boxes.

I bought both the Yveltal and Xerneas Collection Boxes at the same time from cardteam.co.uk for £25.45. I'll open the Xerneas box at a later date.

And so here are my pulls! What wonderful pulls I get! (To make up for the lack of a figure I bet).
Check the video here or scroll down to see what I got.

The promos first:
Here is the Black Star Promo XY06; Yveltal! And next to it is its not quite identical brother, the Jumbo card.

As rares I got a reverse holo Simisear, looking very relaxed in its picture, and in contrast next to it is a very aggressive looking Arbok.

My first XY holo! Got myself a Gogoat. The sheen holographic goes very well with its pose. It looks as if rays of sun are shining down on an heroic Gogoat (reminds me of Lion King).

But the Gogoat isn't even the best part, oh no. I give you the true hero of this box:

Mega Venusaur-EX!!
Roawr!

So my initial disappointment was soon dissipated with an awesome pull. Mega Venusaur-EX really surprised me. And on top of that I also got a holo rare. I'd say that's not bad for only 3 booster packs =D

This has got me even more excited for this adventure. Lets continue!
See you in the next one, bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment