Wednesday, September 18, 2013

2 x Plasma Freeze Blister Packs - Fun Adventures in the Blistering Cold

Hi all!

The Amateur Collector here and I'm begging forgiveness for the punny title, I couldn't help it!
For today's adventure I've ventured into the freezing lands of the Plasma Freeze promotional blister pack openings (erg, I'll stop, that's not even a good one!) If you want to watch the video without spoilers, stop reading now and click here.
These blister packs each contained a promotional card and a coin (more details bellow)

I got them on ebay for very cheap, £4.70 ($7.50 USD) for both, essentially getting 2 for the price of one. Now sadly as you can probably tell from the picture above the packaging is slightly worn and the cards within by extension ended up somewhat bent too, though thankfully not creased, scratched or ripped. It just means I'd classify them as Near Mint/Excellent rather than Mint really, and I can live with that. Now here's what I got:
The two on the left are the promotional cards, one being an alternate foil of Moltres from Next Destinies and the other being a Black Star Promo Electrode (BW76), underneath them are the game coins that came with each blister and that last card is a rare Quagsire from the booster pack. Not bad, until you see...

Latios-EX Full Art!

The last card I got was the full art Latios-EX and it was so unexpected that I stared for a little while before remembering that I had to end the recording of the booster pack openings haha. Definitely a great pull considering how little I payed for the blisters and that I won't have to worry about buying this guy independently for the collection (which would be pricy!)

So, a very nice way to end this adventure for today and look forward to what the next one holds. Hope you guys stay tuned. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment