Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Pokemon TCG Openings - Adventure Begins!

Hi all!

The Amateur Collector here and I am eager to share with you a little project I'm going to get started.

But first a little exposition. (if you're not interested in that, skip to the 4th paragraph!)

One of my all time favourite franchises is Pokémon. I've been a fan of it ever since it came out in my country. I had always enjoyed comics, cartoons, toys, etc- when I was young but Pokémon is what solidified my love for these things. Pokémon Red was the first video game I ever owned, The Electric Tale of Pikachu was the first manga title I ever owned and the original Pokémon cartoon is what renewed my interest in Japanimation. Needless to say, I owe a fair amount to this franchise.

Sadly there is one thing I failed to keep up with and that was the Pokémon TCG. It's something I would have continued pursuing for all these years if not for other interests, money and peer pressure. Yes sadly it got continuously hard to find others to play with as time went on, and increasingly more expensive to continue buying too.
But no more, i say!
My interest was peeked again when I started looking up the value of some of my old cards to sell off, but instead came across loads of sites and videos of peoples' collections. In particular videos on youtube of people opening up boosters packs brought on a flood of nostalgia and I just fell back in love with these cards.

And so this is where my project comes in. Over the past month and a half I have been stockpiling a little collections of Pokémon TCG merchandise, all unopened! What I plan to do is to record me opening them up one by one and uploading the videos onto youtube and here, so as to chronicle and share with everyone my re-discovering of the Pokémon cards! I plan to have a steady flow of videos throughout the weeks to upload of booster packs, promotional boxes, blisters, tins and whatever else I got my hands on. This will include cards from all sorts of different sets, from old to new- I have a lot of catching up to do after all!
And here's a taster of what I have to open:


So if you're interested in sharing in the adventure don't hesitate to follow me on this blog and/or subscribe to my youtube account at The Amateur Collector.

Let the journey begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment