Saturday, March 21, 2015

Greninja Phantom Forces Checklane Blister Pack

Hi all!

The Amateur Collector here with just a small adventure for the day.

This time round I have a single Checklane Blister Pack of Greninja to open. It was bought at Card Team for £3.45, which was the cheapest I found it at (at the time anyways, maybe it has dropped/increased in price now?)

This blister was released around the time Phantom Forces was the newest set being sold, so naturally the booster pack you get in the blister is from that set!
You also get a promotional Greninja card and a coin.

Click here to check the video opening of this product or simply scroll down if you just want to see the cards.

So here are the promotional items. You get this really cool Greninja, number XY24 for XY Black Star Promos collection. You also get this (reverse?) reflective Pikachu coin. It looks really cool, but at the same time offputing, and I can't quite put my finger on why I feel that away about this coin haha.

The one and only rare I got from the booster pack was this normal rare Honchkrow.
Meh.

So the pull I got from the booster pack was a double of a card I had already, but the promotional card more than makes up for it. That Greninja looks wonderful! I love that they chose to change its typing to Darkness, maybe this'll start a trend of seeing other starter mons make use of their dual types (I want a Colorless Charizard!). I also really like the ninja motif they went with for the artwork. Plus the style reminds me of the Ken Sugimori artwork you use to get all the way back in Gym Heroes and Gym Challenge. If you haven't seen those artwork I really recommend you go check them out, they're not your typical stock art Ken works!

Anyways, thanks for reading and watching! Stay tuned for more Pokémon TCG Opening Adventures pulls and blog rants!

Smell ya later!

No comments:

Post a Comment