Sunday, March 15, 2015

Mega Metagross-EX Premium Collection

Hi all!

The Amateur Collector here with a fantastically luxurious Mega Metagross-EX Premium Collection box opening for my Pokémon TCG Opening Adventures (S02)!
I got this box at the fantastic discounted price of £24.75 from Chaos Cards, instead of the usual £35+ it can cost. This is because I not only bought it as a pre-order, but also made use of my membership discount.

Shall we see if this box was worth the purchase?
As usual, check out my video on youtube or scroll down to see the pulls I got.

Here is the MASSIVE box. It was so big that barely 1/3 managed to fit on screen when I was filming the opening.
This "Premium" box is the first of its kind. It must have been popular because Nintendo have started releasing others (Mega Diancie-EX Premium Box is currently out)

This is the back of the box, which lists everything you can get within it.
The battle matt is a cool addition for those who enjoy playing the game competitively. 

These are the promotional goodies you get in the box (minus the matt).

Here is a close up of the two promotional cards; my main aim for getting this box in the first place (that and all the booster packs).

As expected from the XY series of sets I got mostly rare cards sadly.

I did manage to get a reverse-holo rare in the form of Spiritomb though. A very lovely card that works well as a reverse.

I got two holographic cards. The Heliolisk from Phantom Forces and a Carbink from Flashfire.
Both very nice cards, though unfortunately I do own the Carbink already.

I do think the idea for this premium box is a cool one. It's nice to see Nintendo aiming for the player demographic of Pokémon TCG with this merchandise that provides a matt and a play set of promo cards (not sure just how playable these cards are though)
I am saddened that I got no ultra rares from this box. There is not guarantee in these kind of products to get anything of the sorts though even with all those booster packs, unlike in a booster box. Still, it's a shame. At least the box wasn't as ridiculously expensive as it could have been!

Hopefully next time I can pull something more exciting! Stay tuned for the next adventure, bye folks! Thanks for watching/reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment