Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Reshiram Box

Hi all!

The Amateur Collector here.
For this adventure I opened up a Reshiram [figure] Box! I got it from Infinity Games for the decent price of £17.09.
I very much have been looking forward to opening this box because I friggin love these figures that come with TCG merchandise. They're well sculpted, detailed and very often dynamically posed.

Here is the box! It comes with a Reshiram figure, a Reshiram promo card, a TCGO for that Reshiram promo and four booster packs, all of them Emerging Powers.

 As usual, before we proceed I must warn you that there will be spoilers of what cards I pulled from the booster packs. If you'd rather enjoy the suspense of the openings then check out the video on my youtube channel.
If you're not fussed eitherway, then scroll down to check out my pulls as well as the box's contents.

Lets start off with the promo card:

This is Reshiram BW23 for the BW Black Star Promos collection.
The artwork is different, but it basically a reprint (one of many) of the original Reshiram card that appeared in the Black & White base set.

Here is the figure! I love the mid-flight pose it has and how they use the tail as a base to hold that pose. It's very detailed too! (which is admittedly not very evident in this poor quality picture, sorry!)

I got three rares and one rare reverse-holo. I actually needed most of these cards so this is not necessarily a bad set of pulls.

I did manage to pull one holo though, and one that I needed still. The Beartic looks very ferocious, though I can't help but feel that they could have done more with the artwork. Oh well, early Black & White sets had fairly bland artwork, it can't be helped (though I don't think poor Beartic will ever be a holo again!)

So this wasn't a bad opening at all. I'm not missing many cards for my Emerging Powers collection, and these cards helped shrink my wants list a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment