Thursday, October 03, 2013

3 x D&P Series Booster Packs - Catching Up on Old Times (part 2)

Hi all!

Amateur Collector and welcome back for the second installment of the opening of six random booster packs. Today I'm focusing on the three Diamond & Pearl series booster packs; one Diamond & Pearl, one Diamond & Pearl Mysterious Treasures and one Diamond & Pearl Great Encounters.
Before I continue let me remind you that you can watch the video of me opening these packs on my youtube account here.

As mentioned in my last blog, these booster packs were bought in a lot of 6 booster packs, the other three being from the Ex-Series. The ebayer I got them from has been blocked, so there is the potential these cards were fake, but I checked them out and they seem to pass the all the tests I know. But I'm not expert, so I can but hope they are legit. Well, with that said, here's the swag I got:
The two on the left hand side are from the Great Encounters pack, a lovely Lapras and a revers-holo Slowking. The top right is a Chimeco from Mysterious Treasures. I love the background for that card but I do find the CGI a little too obvious. The last card is a Medicham from the first D&P set.

I'm happy to have gotten four rares from three booster packs, but it would have been nice to have gotten one holo at least. But hey, beggars can't be choosers, these are all cards I did not possess and I am thankful to now.

Anyways, that's it for today, be sure to scroll down to see the first part of this "oldschool" booster packs opening.
Till next time, ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment