Friday, October 18, 2013

Keldeo Box - Smile on my Face

Hi all!

Amateur Collector here and today I've opened this fantastic Keldeo Box set.

(stock picture I got online, forgot to take pic of my own!)

If you don't want any spoilers and want to see the video of this box being opened click here.
I bought this box in store at Forbidden Planet for £12.99, which was a slightly cheaper alternative to some online stores. This box is pretty awesome; in it you get a promo card, a jumbo card, 3 booster packs (2 Dragons Exalted, 1 Noble Victories) and a figurine! Not bad at all.

And so here's the content of this box all laid out for you to see:

These are the promotional cards you get in the box, the small one on the left is a Keldeo BW60 and the one on the right is a jumbo print of Keldeo-EX from Boundaries Crossed. Notice how Keldeo looks slightly different in box pictures, that's because Keldeo-EX here is in its Resolute Form. The Black Star Promo card looks fine, but I find it rather boring for a promotional card.

This here is the Keldeo figure on its base. It is a fantastic figure and one of the main reasons I got this box. Although I don't care much for Keldeo as a Pokémon, this figure is so well detailed and in a great dynamic pose that I had to get it. This Keldeo is also in its Resolute Form.

And last but not least, my pulls from the booster packs:

From the Dragons Exalted packs I got an Ambipom and Gyarados, two rares cards that I unfortunatly already have, but to make up for that I also got a reverse-holo Garchomp and reverse-holo Gyarados. The holographic card at the top is a Bisharp from Noble Victories.

Overall verdict: As usual I've got bad luck with Dragons Exalted booster packs, but the reverse-holos made up for that a little, and I'm very pleased with the holo Bisharp. Five rare cards for three boosters isn't bad at all. I'm very much in love with the figurine and hope that Nintendo continue this trend of making high quality collectable figurines to go with some of their TCG merchandise. There's loads that I need to get now and it'll probably be hard (and expensive) to track them down and obtain, in packaging or not. But hopefully I'll be able to. I know I've at least got my eyes on those new ones for X&Y.

So yeah, thanks for reading and until next time. Hopefully I get more good stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment